After the announcement in China last month, HUAWEI has introduced the nova 9 smartphone for global markets, starting from Europe. It runs Android 11 with EMUI instead of Harmony OS 2 in China, but these don’t have Google Mobile Services like the HONOR 50 which was launched globally earlier this week. Instead, this has HUAWEI Mobile Services.
To remind you, the phone features a 6.57-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate and is powered by Snapdragon 778G SoC. It has a 50MP main camera, 8MP ultra wide-angle, 2MP macro and 2MP depth-of-field cameras. It packs a 4,300mAh battery with 66W fast charging that can charge from 0 to 70% in 25 minutes and 100% in 45 minutes.
HUAWEI nova 9 specifications
- 6.57-inch (2340×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 120Hz curved display with 300Hz touch sampling rate, 1.07 billion colors, DCI-P3 wide color gamut
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 11 with EMUI 12, HMS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP RYYB camera with f/1.9 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160× 73.7× 7.77mm; Weight: 175g
- USB Type-C Audio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh battery with 66W SuperCharge fast charging
The HUAWEI nova 9 comes in Starry Blue, Crush Green and Black colours and is available to pre-order in Europe starting at €499 (US$ 580 / Rs. 43,440 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB version, with sale from November.